I am still smiling when thinking about the Royal Wedding last Saturday between Prince Harry and Megan Markle. Wasn't it a beautiful day! So inclusive and joyful. And having watched Prince Harry at his Mother's funeral all those years ago, I felt so happy to see him look so happy.
More details have emerged from The Royal Wedding reception at Frogmore House where the guests were served amongst other sweet treats, champagne and pistachio macarons. If you are planning a wedding, macarons are definitely a popular choice as they are available in so many flavours and colours and can fit around any theme.
I asked Elena Floarea of Cardiff-based Majestic Macarons what the most popular colours are this year...
Elena explained, "The most popular colour this year so far has been the white and blush pink macarons and also the rose gold macarons . 90% of orders that are placed are for wedding favours and the other 10% of orders are for macaron towers."
As well as being given as favours, there are so many beautiful ways that macarons can be incorporated in to a wedding cake design too. Here are some recent examples of Elena's work....
So pretty......with a selection of macarons nestled amongst the gypsophila and roses.
Classic and simple....the macarons matched the colour of the brides floral bouquet.
Calling all brides! Elena is offering friends of Little Otter Events a 20% discount as well so get in touch with her asap if you'd like to take up this offer.
April Liddell. Founder of Little Otter Events. Lives a crafty life. Loves going for walks, listening to music, and eating chelsea buns. Dislikes rudeness, meanness and people who spit.